Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Goodbye Bea


When I navigated to Yahoo just now to check my email a very sad headline greeted me. "Golden Girl passes away." Next to it was a picture of Bea Arthur. Now I'm not normally a girl who gets overly emotional over the lives or deaths of celebrities. Of course it's sad when another human being dies, and I pray for peace and comfort for their families, but I don't normally feel a sense of personal loss. That wasn't the case when I saw this headline. I don't know why, I but I feel very saddened over her passing. Maybe it's because I'm such a fan of The Golden Girls (who isn't? If you're not, I don't think we can be friends.), or maybe it's because I relate so much to the character she plays on that show (see my facebook page, I took the quiz, I'm a Dorothy). Whatever the reason, the passing of Bea Arthur has made me sad.
Dear Bea,
Thank you for providing me with countless hours of wonderful entertainment and for sharing your talent with us. Thank you for being my TV friend. You will be greatly missed.
A.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice post about Bea! Ha - I called her "Bea" like I knew her... :)
    Now to get slightly off-topic, I am digging your "useless knowledge" box AND I want to know how the Marie Antoinette book is! As good as the Josephine books? I need something good to read!

    ReplyDelete