Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Things to celebrate

I've come to realize that my blog has taken a somewhat whiny tone and I don't like it. I make a concerted effort, every day, not to whine. I know what a lucky girl I am and try to remember to say a prayer of thanks each day. There are days that I forget, but I think I do it more than I don't. My life certainly isn't perfect, but there are more good things than bad, and that's more than a lot of people can say, especially right now. So, in an effort not to forget all of the things in my life I have to celebrate, here's a short list of things that make my imperfect, wonderful life a little more enjoyable.
1. Great friends. I have wonderful friends whom I love very much. Most of them, I've known since I was a little girl. How lucky I am to have such loyal people in my life!
2. Wonderful family. I love my parents very much. My mom is my best friend. My dad is very supportive. My brother, who still irks me beyond belief, loves me. When I need something he's always there.
3. A job I love. Do my students drive me absolutely insane on a daily basis? Yes. Do I love getting to know them and watch them grow up? Absolutely.
4. A wonderful dog. My Gracie is the best dog on the planet. She is sweet and gentle and I love cuddling up to her warm fur on cold nights.
5. Books. I love reading. I love to pick up a book and travel to another place and time. It's a free vacation I can take without leaving my apartment.
6. Spring. It's finally here! The sun is out, the flowers are blooming, and (in spite of the pollen) it's a great time of year!
7. Summer vacation. I'm looking forward to spending the summer lounging by the pool, devouring books, and exercising more. Teachers are the luckiest people in the world!
It's easy for us all to focus on the bad things in our lives. They seem to take up so much more time and energy. It's important, though, for us to remember all the things we have in our lives that make them worth living!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is for venting as well as celebrating, dearest Amy. It would be no fun to read if you were satisfied ALL the time! ;) Do we know anyone who is perpetually happy? I think I would hate that person. Don't start no stuff, won't be no stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I have to second-post. My word verification non-word was "brump." I think that should be a real word - let's make up a definition. How about - the goose bumps you get when you are cold = brumps. I dunno... any other suggestions?

    ReplyDelete