Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Single Life


As you know, faithful readers, I am a single girl nearing 30. This has its good and bad aspects. There are times when I love being a single girl in the world. I like the quiet of my apartment. I like being able to put stuff where I want to put stuff. I like not having to share the remote control or my bathroom with anyone else. There are times, however, when I really hate it, and lately I've noticed quite a few instances when being a single girl has been really terrible. As most of you surely know, I have recently completed the National Board process. On the day I mailed my box (one of my happiest days!) I wanted to go out to celebrate, or at least to go out to the local Mexican restaurant for dinner and possibly margaritas, but everyone I know had other stuff going on. When I finished taking the test for Boards on Saturday morning I wanted to call someone to share my excitement at finally being completely done with this process but everyone was busy and I couldn't get anyone on the phone. These are things that I would really like to have had someone to share them with, someone to call and say "Honey, I'm finished! Let's go out to dinner!" Sunday morning at about 3:30 am I woke up feeling really icky. Waking up sick and alone in the middle of the night is one of the worst feelings in the entire world. I really wished that there was someone there- not to take care of me, just to know that I wasn't alone and if I did need someone that someone was there. I want someone to share things with. Don't get me wrong, I have the most wonderful, amazing, loving, kind, generous friends in the world and I love them so much but there are things I want in this life that friends can't give me. I want to fall in love and have someone to share my life with, the good and the bad. I'm going to keep looking, surely he's out there somewhere.

3 comments:

  1. How did your dates go? Seeing any of them again? Sorry if I'm being nosy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Traci, you're not being nosy! Steve and I have gone on four dates and I really like him. I haven't blogged about the dates because I don't want to jinx anything! Keep your fingers crossed that it keeps going well! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, haha, I thought you had gone on 4 different dates with 4 different guys! Now this sounds way more promising!... Although, I was quite impressed with the 4 different guys! hehe YAY! 4 dates is a big deal so I'm sure he must think you're very special!

    ReplyDelete