Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Two things...


**First, let me say to anyone who is reading, that I'm not going to post here everyday, only on days that I actually have something to write about. I think the minutia of my daily life would bore readers to tears, so I will only write about getting out and living my life...the point of this blog.

First thing...
I unexpectedly got out of my house tonight! I had been invited to a superbowl party by a couple of fellow teacher (both fabulous gals) and was planning to attend. Then my mom sprung my grandpa's 91st birthday party on me. I attended the party and didn't get back to my apartment until almost 7:00 so I couldn't go to the party. Bummer. Then my brother called me. He and some friends were at the Ale House and he wanted me to go. I made lots of excuses...I need to shower, I have to unpack my stuff (I had been to my parents' house), I'm tired, I'm broke...everything I could think of. He wouldn't let up so I said I'd go for a little while. Well, I went and I had a good time! I saw a friend from high school and got to meet the new girl Jordan's dating. It was a fun evening. I only stayed until the end of half time (and I didn't get there until 2nd quarter) but I had a really good time. Jordan even invited me to go out with them again! So far I'm doing a much better job of getting out and it feels good.

Second thing...
My second issue is something I've been dealing with for a long time...my weight. As long as I can remember I've let my weight get in my way and used it as an excuse for not doing something that I really want to do but am afraid of. Want to talk to that guy? I'm too fat, he'd never be interested. Want to join a sorority? They'd never let in a fatty like me. Want to have a good time? Fatties aren't allowed to have a good time! Even when I was at my lowest weight I still thought of myself as fat and let it get in my way. Well, those days are behind me. Will I be rejected by guys because I'm fat? Probably. Can I have fun? Absolutely. Do I deserve to be loved? Hell yes. Fat is no excuse for not living my life.
This doesn't, however, mean that I'm giving up my battle with my weight. I am going to start working out again- I'm going to attempt to get up early tomorrow morning and walk/jog. I may just hit the snooze button, but I'm definitely going to exercise tomorrow, even if it's after school. I'm going to be the best me I can be and live the life I want to live no matter what size my ass is!

No comments:

Post a Comment