Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Confession

Those of you who know me probably know that I don't like conflict. I like things to be peaceful and harmonious. I like things this way so much that I am willing to be miserable myself in order to avoid confrontational situations or situations in which others are unhappy. I feel terrible if I choose a movie or restaurant that someone else doesn't like so I usually let the other person choose. I don't usually ask for much help even when it's painfully obvious that I need it because I don't want to inconvenience people. I like to make everyone happy. Well, almost everyone. I'm not so great at making me happy. This is something that I need to work on. Standing up for what I want and need and what will make me happy. There are ways to do this without making me or anyone else unhappy and I just have to look for ways to accomplish that goal. Compromise is my new favorite word.

1 comment: