Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, July 24, 2009

My summer vacation

If I were to have to write an essay about my summer vacation, I'm afraid it wouldn't be very exciting to anyone other than me, and that's the way I like it. My adventures have been limited but the good times have not. Does that make me sad? No. I prefer quiet good times to loud ones. I prefer a small group of close friends to a large group of acquaintances. I prefer staying in to going out. Does that make me a boring person? I'm sure to some it does, but it's just fine with me. I've gotten to do a lot of great things this summer.
I visited my friend Nancy in Asheville. It was my first real trip to Asheville. I got to see the drum circle (oh my!) and hike (almost) all the way to the top of a mountain. I also hitchhiked for the first time and watched Cats. All in all, it was a fantastic weekend!
I've read lots of books. I didn't enjoy them all, but I do always enjoy the act of reading. I know everyone else really enjoyed Wicked but I just couldn't get into it. I love to read and love that summer vacation gives me time to do that.
I've watched lots of crappy tv (my favorite kind) and lots of movies I've never seen before. I became addicted to The Real Housewives of New Jersey and am very sad that The Fashion Show ended last night (although Project Runway starts in just a few weeks!). I've also been making my way through classic movies according to Steve. So far I've seen Bull Durham, Caddyshack and Fletch.
I've spent quite a bit of time lounging and sunning myself at the pool. I am working on a decent tan and it's coming along nicely so far. I even played Marco Polo with a 5 year old.
I've had breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with my friends. I love getting to spend time with them. During the school year we are all so busy and it's nice to get to see them and share a good meal.
I'm sure to a lot of people, this sounds like a horrendous waste of time. I have however, recharged my batteries and spent a lot of time doing things that I like to do. Once the school year starts I won't have nearly as much time to do all of these things so it's nice to take a few weeks and do them now.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job with your essay, Amy. What grade would this get if you turned it in? :) If I wasn't your friend Nancy in Asheville, I would wonder what kind of weirdo she is making you go to a drum circle, hitchhike and watch Cats... :D

    ReplyDelete