Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm Jealous...

Today I went to see Julie & Julia. It was absolutely adorable. I smiled through the entire movie. I left quite jealous, however. I'm jealous that I'm not a good cook. There are several reasons for this. I lack the patience required to cook. I want dinner done now. Also, I'm lazy. This is a fact that I've come to accept about myself. Cooking makes a big mess in the kitchen. There are lots of dishes to clean when the cooking is all done. And buying lots of fresh ingredients is expensive and I'm on a fixed income. I'm also a space cadet. I always come home from the grocery store missing at least one ingredient. These are all reasons I tell myself I can't cook. But the fact is, that I enjoy cooking. The last time I really cooked was when I made chicken marsala and homemade mashed potatoes when Steve came over for dinner for the first time. I had a good time cooking and I felt such a sense of accomplishment. I was so proud of myself for producing this great meal. I will make an effort to cook more, and to experiment with different types of food. I can (and will) become a better cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment