Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm Finished!

I never thought this day would get here, but now it has and I am so happy! I put the box containing National Boards in the mail today. The process has been long and exhausting and tried every single ounce of patience I have, but I finished it. When I walked out of the UPS Store without the box I felt an actual weight lifted off of my body. Tonight, for the first time in months, I don't have to feel guilty if I don't do any work on Boards. Especially for the last month, I have been consumed by this process, but now it is finished. I still have to take the test, and I'm doing that on April 11, but that doesn't worry me nearly as much as getting the entries done. I won't find out until November if I passed or not, but I'm going to do my very best not to think about it until then (those of you who know me know that that probably won't happen!). Now that I'm done, there are a few things that I plan to do. Since I love lists, here they are, in no particular order:
1. Read a book. I haven't been able to sit down and enjoy reading a book without feeling guilty for not spending that time on Boards in months. I'm going to read like crazy for a while and consume books as fast as humanly possible.
2. Take advantage of my Netflix subscription. I've already started on this one: I'm watching Pan's Labyrinth right now.
3. Clean my apartment. There is more dog hair around here than I care to admit and now I have time to do something about it.
4. Cook dinner again. I've been eating out a lot lately and now I'll have time to cook.
5. Stop neglecting my friends. I haven't talked to them or spent as much time with them as I'd like lately, so I'm planning to start doing more of that, so look out, I may be giving you a call!

3 comments:

  1. I love your blogs...I hope #6. is "blog more"! Good luck with Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Amy!! I'm so happy for you! I hope I will get to do my boards some day. And did you love Pan's Labyrinth? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Courtney! Writing the blogs is certainly cathartic & fun- I'm glad you enjoy them! Nanc- now that I'm done, maybe I can come to A-ville to see you? I did like Pan's Labyrinth- Wall-E is next- I hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete