Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, September 4, 2009

Absolute joy

As usual, I am spending my Friday night lounging on my couch and watching a movie. Today I decided I wanted to watch one that would make me laugh and cry so I chose Love Actually which is one of my favorite movies of all time. There are so many great scenes in this movie. One of my favorites is when Laura Linney's character is brought home by the cute guy she's been in love with forever. She is so excited that she has to excuse herself to jump up and down. I absolutely love that. It reminds me of the scene in Sense & Sensibility when Emma Thompson finds out that Hugh Grant isn't married. She is so overcome with joy that she breaks into a crying jag. And so do I. Both of these scenes make me so happy that I cry and smile at the same time. They are moments of absolute, pure joy and it can't be contained. How often do moments like that come along in our lives? Not nearly often enough. I've come as close as I ever have to experiencing pure joy this year, a year that I hadn't expected to be so amazing. Here's to hoping we all get to experience these moments, and that we get to do it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment