Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Songs for Summer


It seems that now that I've started writing again I just can't stop! I was driving in my car today thinking about the songs that just scream SUMMER IS HERE! Here's a list of my songs of summer.
1. California Gurls- Katy Perry: I wasn't sure if I like this song at first, but after hearing a couple times it has grown on me. I just downloaded it from iTunes and find myself listening and singing along.
2. Summertime- Will Smith: As a child of the 80's and 90's, I don't think there is a song that reminds me more of summer than this one. It's a little cheesy but boy do I love it!
3. Soak Up the Sun- Sheryl Crow: I don't know if this song actually came out during the summer (one would assume that it did), but it makes me happy during the summer. Soaking up the sun is one of my favorite summer pastimes.
4. Waterfalls- TLC: Who from my generation doesn't remember riding around in their first car on a summer night, hearing this song come on the radio and turning it way up and singing along?
5. Under the Bridge- Red Hot Chili Peppers: I remember turning 13 the summer this song came out and listening to it in the car with my parents. My friends and I liked to sing along. My poor parents were horrified, both by the song and by the singing.
6. Kiss From a Rose- Seal: Who doesn't love this song? And Val Kilmer's lips under that Batman mask?
7. School's Out- Alice Cooper: As a teacher, I have to admit that this is one of my favorites.
8. Summer Lovin'- Olivia Newton John & John Travolta: I love musicals and I love this song!
9. Kokomo- The Beach Boys: Again, I don't know if this song came out during the summer, but who doesn't want to make their way through the destinations of this song: Aruba, Jamaica, Bermuda, Bahamas, Key Largo, Montiego, Kokomo...Sounds good to me!
10. Margaritaville- Jimmy Buffet: Let's go!
Which songs always remind you of summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment