Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer vacation is finally here!

There were moments when I truly doubted that this day would ever come, but here I am, out of school for summer vacation! This year has been trying at best, and at times down right excruciating. But, as all things do, this, too, passed, and now it's time for some relaxing. I have nearly 10 weeks in which to recharge my batteries and regain my sanity. Is that enough time? I don't know, but I'm going to give it my best shot. There are a few things I'm planning to do to make the summer as enjoyable (and long) as possible. I thought I'd outline a few of them here. In no particular order, they are:
1. READ! I plan to read as many books as I can get my hands on. Reading during the school year is difficult so there are lots of books that I can't wait to get into. I also plan to attend as many book club meetings as possible while I actually have time to read the books.
2. Go to the pool. The pool here at my apartment complex is great, and usually during the week there aren't that many kids there. I plan on staking my claim on a chair, spaying on some sunscreen, and delving into a book. Hopefully, I can go back to school with a nice tan.
3. Spend time with my friends. Most of my friends are teachers so they don't have too much to do during the summer, either. I'm planning to go visit Nancy in a couple weeks, and want to spend a lot of time with my other friends, too.
4. Crochet. I learned to crochet last summer and plan to do more of it this summer. Maybe I can finally finish that blanket I started.
5. Watch crap TV. Let's face it, crap TV gets me through the summer. I have to admit that I'm addicted to The Real Housewives of New Jersey. I'm sure I'll find lots more shows that are truly worthless but endlessly entertaining.
6. Blog. Blogging for me is a cathartic experience. I like to write about my thoughts and feelings. I plan to do a lot of writing this summer.
I'm so exited that summer is here. Summer, please pass slowly!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! You can do number 4 while you do number 3! (I'm glad neither one of those was 1 or 2, or this would've been bad... haha) Crochet is definitely one of my goals as well as improve my sewing skills! I can't wait to see you! :D

    ReplyDelete